Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Career Coaching: Application of Qualitative Assessment with Dr. Haibo Zeng
Friday, March 1, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
1. Understand the philosophical underpinnings of qualitative assessment.
2. Learn qualitative assessment by practicing and experiencing in group setting.
3. Identify career patterns and themes, move forward to a preferred future.
1. What is qualitative assessment?
2. Postmodern shift in career coaching
3. Qualitative assessment tools in career coaching
Pattern identification exercise
4. Advantages of using qualitative assessment in career coaching:
Inspires coachee to play a more active role in meaning making of his/her life.
Creates a holistic and integrated way to understand coachee.
Empowers coachee to explore and research himself/herself from within.
Facilitates a collaborative relationship between coach and coachee.
Enables coachee to learn and reflect more in group or team setting.
Creates more flexibility, adaptability and creativity compared to quantitative assessment process
Date and Time: Friday, March 1, 2013, 9:00-4:00
*Participants may attend one or both of the dates, the content will be continuous
Refreshments will be provided on breaks. Lunch is on your own. There are many lunch venues within walking distance or a very short drive.
Fee: No fee but donations will be appreciated to benefit HGI, DONATE >
Continuing Education (optional): 6 hours - $20 fee to HGI for CEU’s
About Haibo Zeng:
Director of Career Development Center, Graduate School of Management (GSM), Communication University of China (CUC) Visiting scholar at OLLU and HGI（2012-2013）
• Ph.D in Applied Psychology. School of Psychology, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China.
• MA in Enterprise Management. School of Management, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China.
• 8 years faculty in GCDF (Global Career Development Facilitator) training.
• 12 years of Coaching, Consulting, Counseling and training in EAP service (includes: Johnson & Johnson, Alcoa, Manpower, Legend, China Mobile, etc.)
About HGI: The Houston Galveston Institute (HGI) is a non-profit organization, supported by donations and volunteers, that offers a unique method of collaborative counseling and postmodern therapy to individuals, families and communities of all socioeconomic backgrounds. We work with clients within a respectful, cooperative partnership that holds their ideas and expertise in high regard, and that encourages them to access their own natural resources and abilities to develop solutions to their problems. HGI is dedicated to transforming lives and communities with innovative and collaborative psychology, training and research. HGI is a recognized leader in the dynamic evolution of innovative, effective and accessible psychotherapy approaches.
HGI reserves the right to cancel if there are less than five (5) participants enrolled four (4) business days prior to the workshop
Houston Galveston Institute is pre-approved by Texas LPC, Provider #129, Texas LMFT, Provider #197; and Texas Social Work, License #2980, as a Continuing Education Provider. The Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content